Gretha Lindwood, artist:
“These paintings are created en plein air, or, on location, in the open air, where the sights, sounds, colors and smells are most vivid”.
“Moonrise Over Commonwealth Lake” – painted en plein air during a full moon in early evening as it was starting to get dark.
“Quiet Time” – painted en plein air at Commonwealth Lake at about dusk on a warm summer day.
“Rising Clouds” – painted en plein air along the side of quiet road in a mountainous area Southern Oregon; the day was warm yet a bit breezy and the clouds were constantly changing; as I was at my easel painting I heard a crackling and noisy commotion on the hill behind the taller trees and saw another tree fall…then all was quiet again.
“Summer Lake In July” – painted en plein air as I worked at my easel in the cool shade along the shore of Summer Lake in Tigard, Oregon. A few families of mallard ducks came paddling by always with mama duck in front leading a string of ducklings.
“Walk In Webster Woods” – painted en plein air; as one of the juried artists of Paint the Peninsula, I did this a demo painting of a path through the salal bushes on the grounds of the Port Angeles Fine Art Center during the event.
“I was honored to have my painting “High Perch”, pastel 9”x18”, receive the People’s Choice Award during the Pacific Northwest Plein Air Competition 2014!
See my work at:
– “Glimpses, The 28th Annual Miniatures Show” at Cannon Beach Gallery
1064 S. Hemlock, Cannon Beach, OR, Phone: 503-436-0744
– Art On Broadway Gallery 12570 SW Broadway St., Beaverton, OR, Phone: 503-601-3300
– Aurora Gallery 1004 Main St., Vancouver, WA, Phone: 360-696-0449
– Fairweather House & Garden 612 Broadway, Seaside, OR, Phone: 503-738-4003
– Ryan Gallery 4270 N Highway 101, Lincoln City, OR, Phone: 541-994-5391