“Intrigued by the challenge of how to paint varied landscapes, I have chosen luscious oil paints on canvas or buttery soft pastels on sandpaper as my materials. By painting in the traditional en plein air style and by using an impressionistic touch, my landscapes invite the viewer into the scene. These landscapes can bring to mind the smell of sage after a rain in the desert, the feel of soft mist from a foggy morning on your cheek, or the taste of a salty ocean breeze on your lips. As a lifelong resident of the Pacific Northwest, I cherish our unique landscapes honed by water and time and delight in capturing their beauty in the lush colors.” –Gretha Lindwood
And, so, sharing great news from the artist:
Gretha Lindwood will offer a Seaside Painting LIVE ™ episode for Fairweather’s RAIN OR SHINE, an opening exhibit and reception, during the Seaside First Saturday Art Walk on April 2nd between 5 -7 pm !!! SAVE THE DATE AND TIME!!!
2015 AWARDS, JURIED SHOWS, EVENTS, INVITATIONALS
• Portland Open Studio Tour, Portland, OR
• Washington County Artist Studio Open Studio Tour
• Paint the Peninsula 2015, Port Angeles, WA – Olympic National Park
• “Into the Light: Plein Air Invitational Exhibition” Brea Art Gallery, Brea, CA
• 29th Annual Northwest Pastel Society International Exhibit, Tacoma, WA
• Pastels – 3 Artists, Valley Art, Forest Grove, OR
• Plein Air & More, White Bird Gallery, Cannon Beach, OR
• Los Gatos Plein Air 2015, Los Gatos, CA
• 22nd Annual Carmel Art Festival, Carmel-by-the-sea, CA
And, too, visit the gallery for faux bois accessories. Bringing the beachside indoors or outdoors with a table top or deck step micro garden.
“It’s the desire for all things organic in this eco-friendly era that surely has created the desire for faux bois (pronounced foe bwha and French for “hand-made wood”) It is produced from garden-grade (high-grade) concrete that is applied to a metal frame or an armature and then hand-etched to mimic tree trunks or branches. Finishes usually are white or natural wood tones.” Denise Fairweather, Allied member, A.S.I.D., American Society of Interior Designers.
Fairweather’s signature natural gnarled driftwood bench.