“Loon” watercolor painting by Lieta Gratteri
For HELLO SUNSHINE Fairweather’s August Exhibition
Surely, sunshine lends an artist the mood art.
Fun Facts about loons:
- Loons are not social birds, when they migrate, they fly alone.
- Loons have solid bones, unlike other birds. This makes them less buoyant and better at diving like submarines.
- Loons have an eerie, haunting cry that some consider a characteristic sound of summer.
“Sunlight Reflections” sandpipers oil painting by Paul Brent
For HELLO SUNSHINE August Art Walk
Truly, sunshine lends an artist the mood for art.
Fun Facts about sandpipers:
- Sandpipers were one of the first bird species described in which the roles of the males and females are reversed.
- Males tend the nest and young and females fight for territories.
- They are usually the only shorebird present in its preferred habitat.
Fairweather House and Gallery
612 Broadway St.
HELLO SUNSHINE Art Sale and Show
Art for the exhibition created entirely by Northwest artists.
Featuring art by Paul Brent, Lieta Gratteri, Reneé Hafeman, Bev Drew Kindley, Karen E. Lewis, Carolyn Myers Lindberg, Neal Maine and Fedor Zubanov.
Now through August 25th.
Review from Fairweather’s 2020 SHORE THINGS July Art Walk:
“Beautiful egret and great artist in mask, following the rules and sharing talents!”
SAVE the Date and Time. Next Art Walk is September 5th, 5-7 p.m.
Indeed, the Art Walk event continues with measures to make the arts experience safe.
Following mandates requiring masks, social distancing, and more.
Please read more about our gallery, our commitment to NW artists, and our products made by NW hands @
“You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality websites online.
I highly recommend this web site!” TM